please tell me i'm not the only one who enjoyed watching michael moore get booed at the oscars. i'll admit... part of me actually liked "roger & me" but i don't think i could stomach "bowling for columbine". and i'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks he's an ignorant blowhard.
he's no peter o'toole.
and here's my list of people i never want to see in a cutaway shot at the oscars ever again:
- cameron diaz makes the list for playing with her hair
- ed harris, who looks like he's aged 10 years in 12 months
- nicholas cage, because, well, he's nicholas cage
- i'm gonna put jack nicholson on the list. i get sick of seeing the smirking jack with his sunglasses on
- i'm tempted to say no more cutaways of sean astin. please, could someone else from lord of the rings come to these award shows? somebody? anybody?
all in all, the awards went about as i thought. i figured chicago would take most of the big awards, and art awards, and lord of the rings would get the technical stuff. i guess i've come to the realization lotr will never win for best picture. i hope return of the king does. that would be fitting. it's an epic the likes of which i don't think we've ever seen.