I'm stealing from Jeff, who stole from his wife, who stole from someone else. (Do your part; Steal this too.)
How it works: Shuffle your iPod, mp3 player, or iTunes. Whatever. Shuffle through the first 25 songs. Take the first line of the song. As Jeff wrote, "No cheating and skipping embarrassing songs! List out the first lines of each song. Now, it’s up to you, the reader to guess the songs. How many can you figure out?"
I expect you to comment here, with the appropriate answers.
1. Where do we go? Nobody knows. I've gotta say I'm on my way down.
2. This is where the light starts to go backwards.
3. I was born long ago. I am the chosen I'm the one.
4. I keep trying to find a life, on my own, apart from you.
5. A lonely doll. She came again. Frozen wall. Like teenage skin
6. Am I alone in this? Never a night where I can sleep myself 'til day.
7. I can’t help my feelings; I’ll go out of my mind. These players come to get me ’Cause they’d like my behind.
8. I was just, thinking about you, thought I could call you, see if, I should tell you
9. Part of me. You are a part of me. I never want to lose.
10. What else should I say. Everyone is gay.
11. I walked into the room, and she was right there waiting. Leaning up against the bar,well she was perpetrating.
12. Well, I left Kentucky back in '49 And went to Detroit workin' on assembly line.
13. Today I watched the boats. Moving through the harbor.
14. You've got me feeling (song title) deeper than I've ever dreamed of.
15. The one (song title) In my life has gone away. I don't know why.
16. The world is a vampire.
17. Tough, you think you've got the stuff. You're telling me and anyone you're hard enough.
18. High, higher than the sun. You shoot me from a gun.
19. Toe to toe. Dancing very slow.
20. I was blinded by the devil. Born already ruined.
21. Take a step to what's real or at least to what it is I'm chasing.
22. She take my money, when I'm in need. Yeah she's a trifling friend indeed.
23. Now there's a backseat lover. That's always undercover.
24. You say you want diamonds on a ring of gold.
25. With music by our side. To break the color lines.