Tag! I'm it!
Lisa tagged me for a meme, sent to her by someone named Karen, whom I don't know, but what the heck. This is the internet. We have to keep this thing alive!
Here are the rules to Karen's meme:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
(3) Six quirks? Come on, don't you know that's primarily what blogs are for? Every post is about my quirks. But I'll do my best to narrow it down.
1. I like a neatly folded newspaper. I don't like my paper to be wrinkled and creased before I get to it. Somehow that makes it seem like old news. I'm a news guy; I'm allowed!
2. I have to eat breakfast before I shower. Showering's (and getting dressed) about the last thing I do in the morning.
3. I'm a grammar snob (just ask my bank). You wouldn't write "alittle" as one word, so don't write "alot". It's two words. If you work in a professional field, I expect you to know basic grammar and spelling. Is that too much to ask?
4. I often leave part of my grooming until I get to work, whether that's tying my tie or shaving. Even when I shave, I often shave again before I go on the news.
5. Like Lisa, I'm also a music snob. But you knew that.
6. As part of our pre-marital counseling, I had to make a list like this one. I put down that I need time to create. I need creative outlets. So don't be surprised when I fire off my camera shutter a time or two (or 300). Or I need to make something, or even scrapbook with Sara. Something. Fortunately, my work allows me a lot of opportunities, but I still need more.
For my six people to tag for this meme, I choose my sister (whose blog is private, so no sense linking it), the aforementioned graphic design genius Brian, as well as Jeff, Chuck, and Steve (all semi-sane mostly online friends who happen to have blogs). It'll be interesting to see if any of those five come up with quirks I don't know about (I know we're all music snobs). Hee hee. And for my sixth, I choose Tammy from my small group. She needs a good excuse for a post.
(4) Tag six random people
1. My aunt Colleen (who's closer to my age than my mom)
2. Middle school youth pastor extraordinaire Buffalo
3. Prairie Roots (aka Erin)
4. Youth pastor intern extraordinaire Ben
5. Bill Grip
6. Fellow Nebraska-based lover of good music and ministry Kyle